Seema Ali Rizzo
Areas of PracticeDomestic Relations & Family Law
Insurance & Municipal Law
- Chair, Domestic Relations & Family Law Division
- Admitted to New York Bar, 1998.
- Admitted to U.S. Supreme Court, 2001.
- Admitted to United States District Court, Western District of New York, 2003.
- York University, B.A. 1993.
- Syracuse University, J.D. 1997.
- Assistant District Attorney, Monroe County District Attorney's Office, 2002-2003.
- Family Court Practice: Custody, Child Protection Proceedings and Ethics: presented by the New York State Bar Association; co-sponsored by the Family Law Section and the Committee on Continuing Legal Education; April, 2007 and April, 2009
- Basic Matrimonial Practice: presented by the New York State Bar Association; co-sponsored by the Family Law Section and the Committee on Continuing Legal Education; October, 2008
Honors & Awards
- Recipient, Rochester Business Journal, "Forty Under 40" Award, 2005
- Collaborative Law Association of the Rochester Area, Inc.
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- New York State Bar Association - Family Law Section
- Monroe County Bar Association - Family Law Section
- Women's Executive Network of Rochester
Professional & Civic Activities
- United Way of Greater Rochester, Community Investment Executive Team, 2007-2011
- Development of Indo-American Leaders, Chair, Board of Directors, 2010-present
- Mental Health Association of Rochester, Board of Directors, 2005-2011
- Monroe County Bar Association, Professional Performance Committee, 2008-present
Seema attended law school and obtained her degree from Syracuse University. She moved to Rochester, New York in 1998 when she accepted a Staff Attorney position with the New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct. Seema then sharpened her litigation skills while working as an Assistant District Attorney before joining the firm.
Seema believes her undergraduate degree in psychology helps her to relate to and interact with clients better. She is committed to providing excellent customer service by dealing with her clients' needs in a prompt and courteous manner.
Seema resides in South Bristol, New York with her husband, Joe. Her interests include reading, cooking, music and photography.
Our Attorneys:Cariola, Elena F.Gallo, Louis J.Hollenbeck, Mark S.Hoyt, Kevin C.Iacovangelo, Anthony B.Iacovangelo, Frank B.McCusker, Timothy K.Palermo, John C.Riley, Brian P.Ringrose, Michael J.Rizzo, Joseph B.Rizzo, Seema AliSortino, Anthony M.Spoto, David D.St. John, Mindy A.Wilmot, Sandra G.Wurtz, Edward A.view by practice